Friday, November 8, 2013

Texas School Principal Charged After Dog's Leg Rots and Falls Off | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo

Get the complete story here:


http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/texas-school-principal-charged-dogs-leg-rots-falls-021831022--abc-news-topstories.html


3 dogs, all in terrible shape. What can I say? I have never been one to place animals well being above that of humans. With that said, I DO believe that one should do all one can to care for his or her pets. Otherwise, set them free or call one of the myriad of non-profits for assistance.

Do I think people should be jailed on charges of animal cruelty and abuse if their animals are not cared for? The issue I have with this is due to the fact that there are thousands of hungry and malnourished HUMANS who need our advocacy. Yes, take care of the animals but take care of PEOPLE too, and first, I might add.

In this case, this woman's excuse of not having enough time is, well, inexcusable. It would be one thing if she did not have the funds to have her pets cared for. This I can understand. It is less expensive to take your child to the doctor it seems than to take your pet in to see the vet. Lack of time? This is something that should have been considered when signing up for three dogs.

Still, I don't know if jailing her is the right answer.

YOUR TURN:

Is animal care and safety paramount to that of human beings? What do you think the punishment should be?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: