Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Man risks life to save beer from burning inferno! What would YOU do for a cold one?

Some folks say there's nothing like a cold one....if you are talking about an ice cold Pepsi, I must agree with ya...but a Georgia man risked his life as he ran, well, walked back into his burning home to rescue a prized possession...HIS BEER!
"I told them to get the kids out and everything, and me myself, being an alcoholic, I was trying to get my beer out," Serpit said. "You feel me?

Walter Serpit, according to News 14 , serving the Columbus, GA area, went back inside the home with the assistance of his cane, to rescue the hapless beers. To this credit, he did this only AFTER ensuring the safety of the other occupants of the home-including 2 children and 5 other adults. 

The fire was extinguished and Mr. Serpit's family is being assisted by the Red Cross. I am not sure if the beers are receiving any assistance.

Now, again I ask, what would YOU do for a cold one?

No comments: